High Quality NM HRC FCL L Type Flexible Jaw Coupling
1. Material: Carbon steel, Alloy steel, Aluminum, Rubber and Cast Iron etc.
2. Finishing: Painted, blacken, zinc plated and so on.
3. OEM and ODM are available
4. Quick and easy mounting and disassembly.
5. High quality with competitive price
Our coupling type as below:
Chain Coupling: 3012, 4012, 4014, 4018, 5014, 5016, 5018, 6018, 6571, 6571, 8018, 8571, 8571, 1571, 12018, 12571
Tyre Coupling: A40,A50,A60,A70,A80,A90,A100,A110,A120,A140,A160,A180,A200
HRC Coupling: 70, 90, 110, 130, 150, 180, 230, 280
MH Coupling: 45, 55, 65, 80, 90, 115, 130, 145, 175, 200
NM Coupling: 50, 67, 82, 97, 112, 128, 148, 168, 194, 214, 240, 265
Jaw Coupling: L035, L050, L070, L075, L090, L095, L099, L100, L110, L150, L190, L225
Flange Coupling: 90, 100, 112, 125, 140, 160, 180, 200, 224, 250, 280, 315, 355, 400, 450, 560, 630
Pin Coupling: 67, 83, 102, 134, 178, 204, 254, 318
Spacer Coupling: F40, F50, F60, F70, F80, F90, F100, F110, F120, F140
Jaw Coupling: L035, L050, L070, L075, L090, L095, L099, L100, L110, L150, L190, L225
HangZhou CZPT Industry Co., Ltd. is a specialized supplier of a full range of chains, sprockets, gears, gear racks, v belt pulley, timing pulley, V-belts, couplings, machined parts and so on.
Due to our CZPT in offering best service to our clients, understanding of your needs and overriding sense of responsibility toward filling ordering requirements, we have obtained the trust of buyers worldwide. Having accumulated precious experience in cooperating with foreign customers, our products are selling well in the American, European, South American and Asian markets. Our products are manufactured by modern computerized machinery and equipment. Meanwhile, our products are manufactured according to high quality standards, and complying with the international advanced standard criteria.
With many years’ experience in this line, we will be trusted by our advantages in competitive price, one-time delivery, prompt response, on-hand engineering support and good after-sales services.
Additionally, all our production procedures are in compliance with ISO9001 standards. We also can design and make non-standard products to meet customers’ special requirements. Quality and credit are the bases that make a corporation alive. We will provide best services and high quality products with all sincerity. If you need any information or samples, please contact us and you will have our soon reply.
Contribution of Jaw Coupling to Equipment Longevity
Jaw couplings play a vital role in enhancing the longevity and reliability of connected equipment in mechanical power transmission systems. The design and features of jaw couplings contribute to minimizing wear, reducing downtime, and protecting the equipment from harmful forces. Here’s how jaw couplings contribute to equipment longevity:
- Shock Absorption: Jaw couplings have elastomeric spider inserts that act as shock absorbers, dampening vibrations and impact loads. This helps in protecting the connected equipment from sudden shocks and extends its operational life.
- Misalignment Compensation: In real-world applications, shaft misalignment is common due to thermal expansion, machine settling, or manufacturing tolerances. Jaw couplings can tolerate a certain degree of misalignment, reducing stress on bearings, seals, and other components of the equipment.
- Overload Protection: During overloads or torque spikes, jaw couplings can flex slightly, absorbing excess torque and preventing damage to the equipment. This overload protection feature prevents catastrophic failures and extends the life of mechanical components.
- Backlash Reduction: Excessive backlash in a power transmission system can lead to inaccuracies in motion control and wear on components. Jaw couplings are designed to provide low backlash, enhancing precision and minimizing wear on gears and other sensitive parts.
- Resilience to Contaminants: Jaw couplings often feature enclosed designs that protect the elastomeric spider from contaminants like dust, dirt, and moisture. This helps in maintaining the coupling’s performance and preventing premature failure due to external elements.
- Low Maintenance: Compared to some other types of couplings, jaw couplings require minimal maintenance. Regular lubrication and inspection of the coupling can significantly extend its life and keep the connected equipment running smoothly.
- Easy Installation: The simple and compact design of jaw couplings makes them easy to install and integrate into various mechanical systems. Proper installation ensures efficient power transmission and reduces the chances of component damage.
Overall, jaw couplings contribute to equipment longevity by providing protection against shock loads, compensating for misalignment, preventing overloads, reducing backlash, and offering resilience to environmental factors. By selecting the right jaw coupling for the application and following proper maintenance practices, users can maximize the lifespan of connected equipment and improve the overall efficiency of their mechanical systems.
What are the common installation mistakes to avoid when using jaw couplings?
Proper installation of jaw couplings is crucial to ensure their reliable and efficient operation. Avoiding common installation mistakes can prevent premature wear, misalignment, and potential equipment damage. Here are some of the most common installation mistakes to avoid when using jaw couplings:
- Incorrect Coupling Size: Using the wrong size of jaw coupling for the application can lead to various issues. Undersized couplings may not handle the required torque, leading to early failure, while oversized couplings may result in increased rotational inertia and decreased system performance. Always ensure that the selected coupling is appropriate for the torque and power requirements of the equipment.
- Misalignment: Improper alignment of the shafts during coupling installation can cause excessive forces and premature wear on the coupling components. Angular, parallel, and axial misalignments should be minimized and kept within the manufacturer’s recommended tolerances. Consider using alignment tools and techniques to achieve accurate shaft alignment.
- Over-Tightening: Applying excessive torque when tightening the coupling elements can lead to deformation of the elastomer spider or damage to the hubs. Over-tightening can also increase friction and cause premature wear. Follow the manufacturer’s specified torque values during installation to ensure proper clamping without causing damage.
- Lack of Lubrication: Some jaw couplings require lubrication to reduce friction and wear. Neglecting to lubricate the coupling elements can lead to increased friction, higher operating temperatures, and reduced coupling life. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding lubrication intervals and types of lubricants to use.
- Failure to Inspect Components: Before installation, carefully inspect all coupling components for any signs of damage, wear, or defects. Using a damaged or worn-out elastomer spider or other components can compromise the coupling’s performance and reliability. Replace any worn or damaged parts before installing the coupling.
- Improper Shaft End Preparation: Ensure that the shaft ends are clean, smooth, and free from burrs or imperfections before installing the coupling. Rough or uneven shaft surfaces can lead to misalignment and reduce coupling performance. Properly clean and prepare the shaft ends to ensure a secure and accurate fit.
- Not Following Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Each jaw coupling has specific installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. Failure to follow these guidelines can result in coupling failure or reduced performance. Always refer to the manufacturer’s installation manual and recommendations for proper installation procedures.
By avoiding these common installation mistakes, users can maximize the performance and longevity of jaw couplings in their applications. Proper installation ensures that the coupling operates efficiently, transmits power effectively, and reduces the risk of unexpected failures or downtime.
Advantages of Using Jaw Couplings in Mechanical Systems
Jaw couplings offer several advantages in mechanical systems:
- Misalignment Compensation: Jaw couplings can tolerate angular, parallel, and axial misalignments between connected shafts, reducing the need for precise alignment during installation.
- Vibration Damping: The elastomeric spider in the jaw coupling absorbs shocks and vibrations, providing smoother operation and extending the life of connected equipment.
- Backlash-Free: Due to the tight fit between the jaws and the spider, jaw couplings are virtually backlash-free, enabling more accurate and responsive motion transfer.
- High Torque Capacity: Jaw couplings can handle high torque loads, making them suitable for a wide range of industrial applications.
- Easy Installation: With a simple design and few components, jaw couplings are easy to install and maintain.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to other types of couplings, jaw couplings are relatively cost-effective, providing reliable power transmission at a lower cost.
- Fail-Safe Design: In the event of a spider failure, the jaws can still maintain some torque transmission, allowing for limited operation and preventing sudden breakdowns.
Due to these advantages, jaw couplings are widely used in pumps, motors, fans, and various industrial machinery where misalignment, vibration, and torque transmission are critical factors.
editor by CX 2023-09-01